About the Award
The CUMC Award for Excellence is given to an outstanding undergraduate student for the purpose of participating in the Canadian Undergraduate Mathematics Conference (CUMC). The $500 award is intended to cover travelling expenses to the CUMC. The applications are judged on the basis of academic excellence, university and mathematical community involvement, and research potential.
Applicants must be undergraduate students attending a Canadian university and must also present a talk at the CUMC. For further details on eligibility and how to apply, please read the terms of reference for this award.
All applications must be sent to the Studc chair(s) (firstname.lastname@example.org) before March 31 of each year.
- 2019: Gina Faraj (York) and Benjamin Cook (Nipissing)
- 2018: Emily Korfanty (Trent University) and Michael Chow (University of Toronto)
- 2015: Raymond Cheng (University of Waterloo)
- 2014: Tara Petrie (University of Regina)
- 2013: Eric Naslund (University of British Columbia)
- 2012: Irena Papst (McMaster University)
- 2011: David Peterson (University of Northern British Columbia)