The Canadian Statistics Student Conference (CSSC) is a national conference organized by students. Currently in its eighth year, it was initiated by the Statistical Society of Canada (SSC) to provide support to students and recent graduate members who are pursuing careers in statistics and related fields. The conference is scheduled for Saturday, May 30, 2020 at Carleton University, Ontario.
It is always held one day before the annual SSC meeting to encourage the participation of students in the main conference, as well as encouraging mentors and academics that customarily attend the meeting to participate in networking functions in the student conference. The conference consists of undergraduate and graduate oral and poster presentations, a computational statistics workshop, sessions addressing professional skill and career development, a discussion of the significance of statistical sciences in today’s society, and various networking opportunities.
Many reasons to register!
• A keynote speech by Dr. David Haziza from Université de Montréal
• This is a great opportunity to present your research to a friendly audience
• Several prizes will be awarded, including:
• Oral presentations and poster awards ($150 each)
• Travel awards ($300 each)
• Translation award ($50)